The following are the official rules (the “Rules”) of the International Gamefisherman, Inc. (“IGI”) World Cup Blue Marlin Championship tournament (the “Tournament”).
- Entry fee: $3,000
per boat (each boat is referred to as “Participant”).
- Optional Big Blue Challenge: $5,000 per Participant (the “Big Blue Challenge”).
- Payment and Acceptance of Entry Fee: Payment can be made by standard commercial means either by mail, wire transfer or over the internet. After June 1*, 2013 only internet credit card payments and cash (US currency only) will be accepted. All funds must be available without restriction to IGI on or before 5:00 pm, July 3, 2013 (unless otherwise stated, all times in the Rules refer to US EST). Each Participant must receive a confirmation number prior to July 4 which shall confirm Participantís entry into the Tournament.
- Revocation of Entry: IGI reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to reject or revoke participation by any Participant for any reason. Revocation may be communicated or sent to Participant by phone, fax or email and is effective when sent by IGI.
- Withdrawal: Refunds will only be made for withdrawals if a written withdrawal and refund notice signed by the Participant is received by IGI on or before 5:00pm, July 2, 2013.
- Qualifying fish: Blue Marlin, 500 pounds or more. All fish below the qualifying weight or those fish caught that are smaller than the biggest reported catch shall be released.
- Winning fish: The winning fish will be the heaviest blue marlin over 500 pounds caught in accordance with these Tournament Rules. In the case of a tie, the earliest confirmed time with IGI of fish boated will be the winner.
- IGFA and Government Rules: Subject to the express modifications set forth in these Tournament Rules, each Participant shall comply with the IGFA rules which can be viewed at www.igfa.org. under “Fishing,” and with all applicable government rules and regulations.
THE TOURNAMENT WILL ONLY ALLOW THE USE OF SPECIFIED FISHING LINE AS NOTED AT RULE NUMBER 14 BELOW. RULE NUMBER 14 WILL BE UPDATED FROM TIME TO TIME UNTIL THE DAY OF THE TOURNAMENT. PARTICIPANTS ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR REVIEWING THIS RULE AND COMPLYING WITH THE LINE SPECIFICATIONS.
- Prize Money and Distribution: Prize money is awarded for first place only in this winner takes all tournament to the Participant catching the largest blue marlin over 500 lbs. Prize money shall be equal to 80% of Tournament Entry Fees (the “Prize Money”). The Prize Money will be distributed to the “Payee” designated in writing by Participant. IN THE EVENT THAT A QUALIFYING FISH IS NOT CAUGHT, THE TOURNAMENT PRIZE MONEY (TOURNAMENT ENTRY FEES MINUS 20%) WILL BE ROLLED OVER AND ADDED TO THE PRIZE MONEY FOR THE 2013 TOURNAMENT. Reentry and payment of the 2014 Tournament Entry Fee will be required to participate in the 2014 World Cup.
- Big Blue Challenge. Entry in the Big Blue Challenge is optional and all Tournament Rules will apply. The winning BBC Participant will be the BBC Participant catching the largest blue marlin over 500 Lbs. The BBC is a winner takes all event with prize money equal to the total BBC entry fees minus 20% (the “BBC Prize Money”). The BBC Prize Money will be distributed to the “Payee” designated in writing by Participant. If there is no BBC winner, 80% of the BBC entry fees will be refunded.
- Fishing hours: Lines in the water at 8:30 am and out of the water at 4:30 pm in the angler’s local time zone. If a hookup is reported to World Cup headquarters prior to lines out at 4:30 pm and the angler reasonably believes that the marlin exceeds 500 lbs., the angler may continue fighting the marlin until it is boated, released or lost.
- Polygraph: IGI reserves the right to require that the angler and/or any members of the crew pass a polygraph test, administered in the manner determined by IGI, in order to collect the Prize Money. All tests or other verification costs incurred by IGI shall be paid out of the Prize Money and/or BBC Prize Money, as applicable.
- Determination and Verification
of Fish Size: Fish weight as well as length (as measured from the tip of the lower jaw to the fork of the tail) and girth (the “Weight and Measurements”) shall be taken by a qualified weigh master approved by IGI. At least two independent witnesses are required to witness the taking of the Weight and Measurements. The Weight and Measurements along with photos taken to verify the Weight and Measurements and the witnesses’ names and contact information shall be submitted to IGI as soon as reasonably possible, but no later than midnight, July 4, 2013. An observer approved by IGI may be required for any Participant fishing in a remote area where there are no other Participants (the “Remote Area”). IGI shall have the right to refuse any entry if it believes that adequate verification procedures are not available in the Remote Area to modify verification compliances and procedures in its sole discretion.
- Fishing line requirements. The Following lines are approved for use in the 2013 World Cup Blue Marlin Championship:
- Ande Premium up to 125 lb (as labeled)
- Ande Monster Yellow up to 125 lb
- Ande Tournament up to 130 lb
- Angler up to 130 lb
- Amilon up to 130 lb
- Berkley Trilene Big Game up to 100 lb
- Berkley Hi-Test up to 80 lb
- Black Magic up to 130 lb
- Black Widow IGFA up to 130 lb
- Calcutta Braid up to 80 lb
- Hi Seas Grand Slam Braid up to 100 lb
- Hi Seas Grand Slam mono up to 130 lb
- Hi Seas Quattro up to 130 lb
- Hi Seas Red Devil up to 80 lb
- Jerry Brown Line 1 Spectra
- Jinkai up to 130 lb
- Magabraid Spectra by Offshore Angler up to 80 lb
- Momoi Diamond 100 lb mono
- Momoi IGFA Hi Catch up to 130 lb
- Momoi non IGFA Hi Catch up to 130 lb
- Momoi Diamond up to 80 lb
- Platypus Pretest up to 130 lb
- Power Pro up to 100 lb
- Stren Stamina up to 100 lb
- Sufix Key Lime up to 130 lb
- Sufix Superior up to 130 lb
- Sufix Tritanium up to 100 lb
- Sufix Performance Braid up to 100 lb
- Western Filament dacron up to 130 lb
- Western Filament TUF Line up to 80 lb
- Yo-Zuri hybrid up to 130 lb
More lines may be approved as we receive info from the manufacturers. Any lines labeled as "IGFA class" up to 130 lb may be used.
- Reporting: Participants shall use their best effort to report, as soon as possible, when a fish is hooked and then when any large blue marlin is boated and the estimated weight of the fish. IGI may provide Tournament day activity on the Blue Marlin World Cup web site or through “Twitter”, Facebook or the tournament website as it occurs throughout the day, however, in no event shall IGI have any liability for any such information that may later turn out to be inaccurate or false.
- Adverse Conditions: It is the responsibility of each Participant to decide in advance whether to fish on July 4. Participants shall not be entitled to refunds for the Tournament or the Big Blue Challenge unless Participant complies with the refund rules set forth above. Participant shall not be entitled to a refund after the refund deadline due to the inability of Participant to fish on July 4 for any reason, including, but not limited to bad weather, adverse sea conditions, other acts of God, mechanical or physical conditions or other similar conditions or events.
- Dispute Resolution: In order for any dispute or protest to be considered it must be submitted to IGI prior to 5:00 pm on July 5, 2013. Any dispute shall be determined and resolved in the sole and absolute discretion of the IGI rules committee and said determination and/or resolution shall be final and binding.
- Indemnification: Anglers / crews / boat owner and guests of Participant (collectively “Participating Parties”) enter the Tournament at their own risk, individually and collectively, and assume all risks which might occur. Participating Parties hereby release and forever discharge IGI and their agents, employees, representatives, attorneys, shareholders, officers, directors, assigns, heirs and successors-in-interest from and against any and all claims, demands, obligations and causes of action, which Participating Parties may have arising out of or in any way connected with their participation in the Tournament. Participant shall be responsible for having each of the participating parties sign a copy of these rules prior to the tournament.
- Jurisdiction: In the event of any litigation arising out of the Tournament, participant hereby consents to the jurisdiction of the Florida courts with venue in Broward County, Florida.
- Consent to Rules and Failure to Abide by the Rules: Submission of your entry into the Tournament constitutes your acceptance of the Rules and your agreement to abide by the Rules. Failure to abide by the Rules shall constitute disqualification.
|Captains, list your charter boat service for FREE!